The 2015 Santos Great Bike Ride for Homeless Youths’ official Event Jersey or T-shirt will be provided for all participants when they receive their registration pack. The Official Event Jersey/T-shirt is compulsory for all riders to wear on event day. Please note, in 2015 a new jersey with exciting new design will be provided for all participants*.
The benefits of a Jersey/T-shirt are:
- Increased profile for the ride and the charities
- Improved logistics management for riders on the day, enhancing rider safety
Every participant who enters the Santos Great Bike Ride for Homeless Youth will receive a Jersey or T-shirt to wear on event day. Those participants riding in the 98km Ultimate Ride or the 52km Challenge Ride will receive Event Jerseys; participants in the 29km Port to Perth* or 10km Family Ride will receive Event T-shirts.
It will be compulsory for all participants to wear the event jersey/t-shirt on event day.
*Those who are participating in the 29km Port to Perth will have the option of paying an additional $30 to upgrade to the Event Jersey. Note this is only available for the 29km Port to Perth event.
Why are the jersey’s compulsory to wear?
The Santos Great Bike Ride for Homeless Youth introduced the compulsory jersey in 2013 to combat a number of issues:
- A large number of WA cyclists were joining into the event without paying; these people were utilising resources from the event like Medical (causing many accidents due to not being briefed properly), Traffic Management, Aid Stations, Police Services and Volunteers time. All of these resources are paid for through the entry fee’s collected plus sponsorship money and organisations contributions (Rotary Club of Perth, TriEvents, St John of God Horizon House); by people riding in the event without paying, they are taking advantage of the event and our charity.
- The jerseys allow all contributing organisations to identify who is actually with the event and provide the best service possible.
- The increase the safety on course – by people ‘blending in’ as one big group and not being identified by riding groups, it eliminates the desire to ‘beat that group’ and changing the focus to enjoying the ride around the river.
*Note – participants wearing the incorrect jersey on the start line, will be required to obtain the correct jersey to ride in the event.
Teams and Corporate Groups Option
The Santos Great Bike Ride for Homeless Youth recognises that many riders who participate are apart of a team (whether corporate or social) and would normally wear their team jerseys. Therefore corporates will have two options to gain promotion for their team.
Option 1 – Leader of the Pack Fundraising Challenge – gives teams the opportunity to wear their own team jersey. Click Here for information on how to be apart of this challenge.
Option 2 – Have team names printed on the back of the Official Event Jersey. This option is available to order at an additional cost only through the event. Click for pricing and order form.
All riders are permitted to wear their own knicks/cycling shorts.