Do you want the open road to yourself and only small group of other riders? Then this is your chance!
The Leaders of the Pack Challenge offers your colleagues and friends the unique opportunity to be a ‘professional cycling team’ on the day.
What is the Leaders of the Pack Challenge?
The Leaders of the Pack Challenge offers team riders the opportunity of starting ahead of the main group in return for their commitment of raising a specific minimum target.
The Leaders of the Pack Challenge is available for riders in the 98km Ultimate Ride or 52km Challenge Ride.
How does it work?
To be a part of the Leaders of the Pack Challange*, teams must do the following:
- Nominate a team captain who will be the point of contact for organisers to engage about fundraising and event day activities. This team captain should then call the event hotline 08 9244 5200 to nominate for the Leaders of the Pack Challenge with event organisers.
- Team captain will register and set up the team in to the Santos Great Bike Ride for Homeless Youth, and nominate to be a part of the Leaders of the Pack Challenge (option available on the registration page, where you select your average expected speed).
- Team members will then register into the event under the team name. Once you enter your details, Exit from the payment screen; your details will be saved and registration unpaid. When you reach $250 in fundraising, your entry fee will be removed and your entry finalised as per the Fundraise and Ride for Free initiative.
- Once registered either all team members or the team need to set up an Everyday Hero Fundraising Page and set a minimum target of $500 per rider. (e.g If you have 15 riders, $500 x 15 = $7500 minimum target)
- Teams must reach this target by 13 November 2015 to be eligible to ride in the event in their own Team Jersey.
- The week of the event, either team members or the team captain needs to arrange to collect their participant pack which will include details on starting time and location.
*Please note the following conditions:
- The team must reach the team minimum fundraising target to be eligible to wear their team jersey on event day. If you have 6 members in your team and only 5 reach their minimum target, the team will not be able to ride in the team jersey. EACH team member must reach their minimum targets or collectively the team must reach the team minimum target.
- When nominating for the Leaders of the Pack Challenge their is a minimum number of four (4) team members required to be eligible. (This option is not available for individuals)
- The team must nominate one jersey to wear on event day; if team members are not in uniform, they will be required to wear the Official Event Jersey.
- Participants in the Leaders of the Pack Challenge must wear all other identification (stickers etc) provided by the event organisers on event day.
Leaders of the Pack entries are strictly limited, and are expected to sell out fast, so we advise you don’t delay in registering (see contact details above).
Entry fees will be waived once you reach the $250 mark in your fundraising challenge (as per the ‘Raise $250 and Ride for Free’ initiative).